We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
The candidate will be responsible for the on-time delivery of all hot and cold end exhaust systems across all Bugatti projects.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead external partners to deliver exhaust hot and cold end hardware components on time into production according to target cost, package, mass, functionality and quality;
- Maintain and support de-bug and concern resolution activities for current and future exhaust systems, ensuring corrective actions are implemented
- Main reference figure for Powertrain exhaust hot and cold end systems, including functionality and resolution of technical issues
- Manage physical testing and prototype evaluation of hardware components; that includes DVP definition and testing, and also Powertrain rig testing and vehicle testing support
- Interact with calibration and testing team for the definition of proper sensors and actuators according to the system and vehicle specifications
- Engage with main external suppliers and manage costs and timings, including high level and low level targets definition, and ensuring program milestones are met, including evaluation of RFQ responses to influence management decisions
- Develop and ensure cross-functionality with other R&D departments to achieve vehicle requirements
- Engage with the product development process to understand the impact of design/engineering decisions
- Evaluate competitor benchmark information to improve concept definition in early project phase
- Establish regular design reviews with cross functional teams and track timing plans and criticalities of defined vehicle programs
- Develop components DFMEA on system and design level
- Collaborative definition of methodology and release of standards related to durability and reliability with analysis team
- Be a team player and share the knowledge throughout the whole powertrain team
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience within an automotive OEM or OEM tier 1 supplier on hot and cold end systems development
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent
- Experience on all relevant engine systems components for related automotive application
- Proven experience in tracking and planning of technical subjects and variable/investment costs
- In-depth vehicle engine systems knowledge for both thermal and hybrid applications
- Working across functional teams effectively to deliver viable problem resolution
- Experience on CAD modelling software
Considered a plus:
- Excellent team player and communicator, able to work effectively with cross functional teams
- Ability to organize multiple technical inputs, summarize and present to the top management
- Strong problem-solving skills, along with an ability to manage a varied workload, to tight deadlines
- Relevant written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work at a fast pace and with a high degree of accuracy and flexibility
- Passion for high performance hybrid vehicles and related powertrain technology
- Striving for constant improvement
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?