Functional Safety Manager (m/f)
Sveta Nedelja, Croatia
We are a technology powerhouse that designs, engineers, and manufactures the world's most advanced automotive technology and hypercars. Bytes to bolts, Rimac is where everything happens.
Our teams develop and produce both hardware and software solutions for our flagship, record-breaking hypercar, the Nevera, as well as for other automotive manufacturers’ vehicles. Working on technology solutions for partners such as Porsche, Hyundai, Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Automobili Pininfarina, and others, gives Rimac a unique position of a technology leader in the high-performance electric vehicle industry. The stakes are high.
As a fast-moving company, we nurture a high-performing culture. If you are interested in joining, you must be prepared for relentless learning, adapting, and embracing new technologies. We expect an easy-going person, but also self-driven, entrepreneurial, and highly independent in their work, that will enjoy rising to the challenge and have fun pushing the limits of technology.
Our expectations are high. And we can only achieve our goals with the dedication and collaboration of our exceptional team. Our ambition is to deliver and go the extra mile. We need to expand our already industry-leading team, find the best people, and lead the charge.
The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for driving functional safety activities on projects with a defined ISO 26262 compliance requirement. This is a person who will actively participate in product development, quality and reliability activities to ensure that automotive safety standards are achieved and maintained for both current and future products.
1. Key Responsibilities:
- Leading Bugatti-Rimac strategy and deployment in terms of functional safety.
- Accountable for Functional Safety in all Bugatti-Rimac products brought to market.
- Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants) engaged in program and project work.
- Producing, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to:
- System Safety Program Plan.
- Safety Manual.
- Safety Concepts.
- ASIL assignment/decomposition.
- Safety Requirements.
- FMEDA & FTA.
- Safety Verification and Validation activities.
- Conducting safety reviews.
- Driving the FuSa approach across organizational boundaries and with senior management.
- Managing, directing and leading the problem resolution and tracking process and providing feedback on status of tracked problems.
2. Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum BSc or BEng (2:1) in Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study.
- Expert knowledge of ISO26262.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working to ISO 26262, with strong knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and specific on-the-job experience.
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, DFMEA, FTA for automotive embedded hardware and software, at both system and sub-system level.
- Strong knowledge of systems engineering principles, hardware and software design concepts.
- Proven record of interpreting requirements from design to production.
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
3. Additional Qualifications (Advantageous):
- Functional Safety experience in plug-in electrical vehicle applications.
- Functional Safety experience in ADAS.
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Knowledge and execution of software quality and processes, such as CMMI, Automotive SPICE, etc.
What we are like and what we offer
- We operate in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- You will have the opportunity to work on world-class solutions with cutting-edge technology
- We work a lot, but also know how to have fun (fun teambuilding, crazy company parties, kitchen and relaxation zones around the office, free coffee/tea and fresh fruit, etc.)
- Family-like and open work environment (subsidies for kindergartens, Christmas parties for kids, and presents for kids)
- Financial subsidy for transportation
- Additional and supplementary healthcare covered
- Internal educations program
- Psychological counseling
- Dog-friendly office
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home days – up to 12 days of remote work per month
- Discounts at stores and clinics – for humans and pets 😊
If you are a creative, problem solving, open-minded, highly-motivated individual and you love a fast-paced environment and are up for the challenge – where were you hiding?